Current Career Opportunities
- None at this time
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Good Ideas Fund Committee Member
- Hart House Finance Committee
- Hart House Theatre Volunteers
- Hart House Clubs & Committee
Hart House Good Ideas Fund Committee Members
Hart House Good Ideas Fund (GIF) Committee Members review and approve applications to the GIF during the academic year. In collaboration with the GIF Assistant and Staff Advisor, they debate the merits of applications at regular meetings, make decisions as to who should receive funding, and provide unsuccessful applicants with constructive feedback.
All funding decisions are made by the GIF committee who will meet six times over the course of the 2016-2017 academic year. Applicants must submit their applications a minimum of four weeks before the proposed event/experience.
We are looking for 5–7 Committee Members who are interested in supporting the GIF mandate through ongoing participation, including the following:
- Rigorous review of GIF applications;
- Provide critical feedback to student groups and organizations;
- Approve and deny applications, including providing constructive feedback on application improvements;
- Liaise with GIF Assistant and Coordinator to maintain constant communication loop.
- Current U of T student (full-time or part-time);
- Experience with hosting, attending, or planning on-campus events;
- Reliable, committed, and responsible student who is capable of independent work;
- Excellent interpersonal skills supported by an open-mind and a non-judgmental approach;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Previous experience adjudicating grants or administering funds an asset.
- Experience working with and within student organizations an asset.
Members meet monthly for 3 hours, having reviewed up to 15 applications beforehand. Monthly commitment is approximately 6 hours. Meeting schedule to be determined by Committee.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2016.
Hart House Finance Committee Student Membership
Hart House’s Finance Committee provides opportunities to learn valuable skills in financial management by participating in conversations and decisions about budgetary and financial policies and issues. We welcome students from all disciplines (it’s an opportunity for students enrolled in finance-related degree programs to bring theory to practice; and we also provide educational training sessions for students without a financial background). Skills acquired through involvement as a committee member can be applied to both individual and organizational financial management. The Finance Committee mandate applies to all financial aspects of Hart House with particular focus on the following:
- Participate in advising the Board of Stewards on policies that affect the financial management of the House
- Analyze the annual budget
- Make recommendations for the House’s long-range plans
- Consider capital expense requests
- Monitor financial operating performance
- Oversee the annual audit process
- Participate in the Audit Sub-Committee
Hart House Theatre Volunteers
Discover the inner workings of live theatre. Get involved in the season’s programming and join the blend of students and professionals, actors, playwrights, dancers, directors, musicians and technicians in a unique formal and informal educational opportunity. Be a part the University of Toronto’s Performing Arts Leader Since 1919.
Contact Gillian Lewis, Education & Production Coordinator at email@example.com or call 416.978.6392
Clubs & Committees
To find a club or committee that speaks to your interests, visit our Clubs and Committees page with a complete list of all the clubs and committees as well as information about each one.